Remember the time you took your beloved cell phone to the bathroom and it went for a swim? You may want to check out Sony Mobile's latest member of the Xperia family - the super fast LTE HD Xperia V smartphone. Sony claims the latest generation 1.5 GHz Qualcomm mobile device is water-resistant. Just the perfect phone that's so smart t can even swim - virtually I mean. No, the phone doesn't come with fins.
The full-HD Xperia V is probably one of the fastest models from the Sony stable. The latest generation Snapdragon S4 dual core 1.5 GHz processor takes the multimedia user's experience a notch higher. What the device assures you is a "flowing" streaming functionality for videos, app downloads all with the speed of an LTE mobile device. I'm not sure this has anything to do with swimming but don't worry we'll come to that. Let's check out it main features.
- 120 g
- 4.2 ounces
- 129 x 65 x 10.7 mm
- 5.1 x 2.6 x 0.4 inches
- Talk time (up to): 7 hours 
- Standby time (up to): 400 hours 
- Music listening time (up to): 18 hours 
- Video playback time (up to): 4 hours 
- 4.3 inch scratch-resistant TFT touchscreen
- 16 million colours / 1280x720 pixels
- Google Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Latest generation 1.5 GHz Qualcomm MSM8960 dual core processor
- 13 megapixel HD camera with auto focus
- 16x digital zoom, photo flash
- Dust-proof and water-resistant (IP55 / IP57)
- Colors: Black
- Market Status: Soon to be released
The Xperia V has a display of 4.3” HD Reality Display powered by the Mobile BRAVIA® Engine for a higher viewer's experience, for watching TV shows, movies and etc. Accoridng to Sony that "smarter display technology automatically optimises the colour, sharpness and contrast of what you’re watching to deliver the best viewing experience."
So what about its swimming abilities? Well, Sony Mobile ha not yet released the Xperia V and the specifications and functionality of the new device is yet to be declared. However, according to Sony, the phone is so "water-resistant" that you can take a "call in the pouring rain..." or "check your email by the kitchen sink." I'll keep you updated on this. Meanwhile, you can save your cash for the umbrella and wait for the Xperia V.